Monday, May 18, 2009

My car needs a major repair

I went to the auto shop to have my car check because I have noticed when I opened the radiator cap of my car there were oil deposits and it is so alarming. I immediately went straight to my friend who is a mechanic engineer and he said that there were two things that he need to check first is the oil cooler which the oil passes to the block and the cylinder head gasket for there is a possibility that oil leaks from its oil galleries and combines with water into the water galleries. I decided to inspect the oil cooler first but after he inspected the oil cooler assembly, he decided to check the cylinder head gasket but I refuse to continue his work because inspecting and changing of head gasket will cost 5 thousand pesos for labor plus the materials needed for replacements. it cost a lot and I cant bring my unit at home for it will stay in their shop for about three days to fix the job. I have decided to go home with my car and schedule it some other time.

No comments: